Pamphlet Journals Inspired by the Garden

 Printing the dragonfly and calla lilly.   

Printing the dragonfly and calla lilly.

 

 Once the prints were dry and ready to handle, I began assembling the pamphlets.

Once the prints were dry and ready to handle, I began assembling the pamphlets.

 I was quite pleased with the quality of the prints on the French paper!

I was quite pleased with the quality of the prints on the French paper!

I decided it would be fun to use some of the blocks I had carved for Garden Reverie as cover imagery for blank pamphlet journals. I printed them on French paper and sewed them up with waxed linen thread. Here is a look at the process. 

 Printing the tulips - one of my personal favorites!

Printing the tulips - one of my personal favorites!

 These are single section pamphlets.  I used variations of the chain stitch when sewing them together.

These are single section pamphlets.  I used variations of the chain stitch when sewing them together.

 All sewn up!

All sewn up!